|Full Name||Akshay L Chandra|
Master of Science (Computer Science)
University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Post-Graduate Diploma (Applied Statistics)
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi, India
Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science and Engineering)
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India
2022 - Now
Student Research Assistant
Autonomous Intelligent Systems Lab, University of Freiburg
- Working towards making Robot Manipulation more physics intuitive with Reinforcement Learning, supervised by Iman Nematollahi and Prof. Dr. Wolfram Burgard at the Autonomous Intelligent Systems (AIS) Lab.
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India
- I spent almost 3 years assisting Prof. Dr Vineeth N Balasubramanian's research at Lab1055. I also collaborated actively with Prof. Dr Wei Guo from the International Field Phenomics Research Laboratory to work on Plant Phenomic problems.
- During my time at IITH, I was fortunate enough to publish four peer-reviewed research articles in the area of “Machine Learning with Limited Labeled Data” with a few more still to come. I was also fortunate to have co-authored a chapter in a soon-to-be-published book “Plant Omics: Advances in Big Data Biology”. I feel extremely lucky to have had an opportunity to learn from the brilliant members of the lab on how cutting edge computer science research is done.
Associate Software Engineer
GGK Technologies, Hyderabad, India.
- While in training, I spent most of the days learning, understanding, implementing and pondering over various concepts of Linear Algebra, Calculus (Optimization) and Machine Learning. Completed two POCs - "Reservation Cancellation Prediction" and "Fashion Clothes Recommendation System". Won Trainee-Of-The-Month award in July 2017 amongst 28 other trainees.
- As a core member of the AI team, my responsibilities included helping clients in health care, retail, e-commerce industries optimize their existing processes by building useful prediction models, capturing customer/patient behaviour patterns, identifying correlation and causation, maintaining data quality for smooth visualization and modeling. Exclusively worked on building a Computer Vision application that detects product pickups in a retail store from just the CCTV footage.
- Won Star-Of-The-Month award in August 2018 for successfully incorporating a custom Object Detection model in the above mentioned Computer Vision application.
Software Engineer Intern
Polycom Inc., Hyderabad, India
- Worked on their Android platform. Enhanced existing code for the 'Jaguar' version update of their operating system. Completed a Speech Recognition POC in Android, with the help of Google's Speech API.