|Name||Akshay L Chandra|
|research [at] domain (or) email [at] domain|
How Useful Is Image-Based Active Learning for Plant Organ Segmentation?
Plant Phenomics, Feb. 2022
- Authors: Shivangana Rawat, Akshay L Chandra, Sai Vikas Desai, Vineeth N Balasubramanian, Seishi Ninomiya, and Wei Guo
On Initial Pools for Deep Active Learning
NeurIPS 2020 Workshop on Pre-registration in Machine Learning, Dec. 2021
- Authors: Akshay L Chandra*, Sai Vikas Desai*, Chaitanya Devaguptapu*, and Vineeth N. Balasubramanian
Active Learning with Point Supervision for Cost-Effective Panicle Detection in Cereal Crops
Plant Methods (BioMed Central), Mar. 2020
- Authors: Akshay L Chandra*, Sai Vikas Desai*, Vineeth N Balasubramanian, Seishi Ninomiya, and Wei. Guo
EasyRFP: An Easy to Use Edge Computing Toolkit for Real-Time Field Phenotyping
Extended Abstract at CVPPP & ECCV Academic Demonstrations, Aug. 2020
- Authors: Akshay L Chandra*, Sai Vikas Desai*, Hirafuji Masayuki, Seishi Ninomiya, Vineeth N Balasubramanian, and Wei. Guo
An Adaptive Supervision Framework for Active Learning in Object Detection
British Machine Vision Conference, Aug. 2019
- Authors: Sai Vikas Desai*, Akshay L Chandra*, Wei Guo, Seishi Ninomiya, and Vineeth N Balasubramanian
Master of Science (Computer Science)
University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Post-Graduate Diploma (Applied Statistics)
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi, India
Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science and Engineering)
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India
2022 - Now
Student Research Assistant
Robot Learning Lab, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Working on robot learning and manipulation, supervised by Iman Nematollahi and Dr. Tim Welschehold at the Robot Learning Lab. Most of my days in the lab are spent trying to better define, learn, sequence, and refine robot "skills".
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India
- I spent almost 3 years assisting Prof. Dr Vineeth N Balasubramanian's research at Lab1055. I also collaborated actively with Prof. Dr Wei Guo from the International Field Phenomics Research Laboratory to work on Plant Phenomic problems.
- During my time at IITH, I was fortunate enough to publish four peer-reviewed research articles in the area of “Machine Learning with Limited Labeled Data” with a few more still to come. I feel extremely lucky to have had an opportunity to learn from the brilliant members of the lab on how cutting edge computer science research is done.
Associate Software Engineer
GGK Technologies, Hyderabad, India.
- While in training, I spent most of the days learning, understanding, implementing and pondering over various concepts of Linear Algebra, Calculus (Optimization) and Machine Learning. Completed two POCs - "Reservation Cancellation Prediction" and "Fashion Clothes Recommendation System". Won Trainee-Of-The-Month award in July 2017 amongst 28 other trainees.
- As a core member of the AI team, my responsibilities included helping clients in health care, retail, e-commerce industries optimize their existing processes by building useful prediction models, capturing customer/patient behaviour patterns, identifying correlation and causation, maintaining data quality for smooth visualization and modeling. Exclusively worked on building a Computer Vision application that detects product pickups in a retail store from just the CCTV footage.
- Won Star-Of-The-Month award in August 2018 for successfully incorporating a custom Object Detection model in the above mentioned Computer Vision application.
Software Engineer Intern
Polycom Inc., Hyderabad, India
- Worked on their Android platform. Enhanced existing code for the 'Jaguar' version update of their operating system. Completed a Speech Recognition POC in Android, with the help of Google's Speech API.